Monday 2 June 2014

Philly!

The Philly cycling classic is done and dusted for another year. This race is always one of my favouring of the season, the course is awesome, the crowds are all ways big and there is just an all round cool atmosphere. Aaaand this year was even cooler with both the women and men having having equal prize money… how awesome is that! 

 Gillian, Miranda, Me, Lizzie, Amy, Elle


VK rode such a good race, we had a really strong team heading into the race and all worked together so well. We set things up nicely for super strong Aussie team mate Lizzie Williams who came in 6th. So smiles all round!

I felt super good all race, unfortunately Miranda (Aussie super climber), Amy and I all got stuck in a crash right before going up the climb the 4th time (we finished up it on the 5th lap) and spent a whole lot of energy chasing back on to the front group. We had to chase so hard and finally caught back on halfway through the final lap - all pretty much well and truly spent! Gillian and Elle were super stars on the flats - stringing out the pelo and I used my positing skills to get the girls in a good posi coming into the climb up the wall. 
Miranda and I chasing up the wall after crash

Such a fun race and I am sad it’s over! But excited for what’s next… Tulsa tough and probably one of my fave crits… cry baby hill!!

Stay tuned for more reg update….

Currently on a 21hour van ride to tulsa…. fuuuuun times! ;)

Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment